EA has announced that it is donating a total of $1 million to five charitable organizations. To celebrate, it is also giving players the opportunity to earn in-game rewards by completing challenges.
The Play to Give campaign begins alongside EA Play on June 12. Included games and challenges are:
- Battlefield 4 and Battlefield Hardline – The community can earn a gold battle pack in each game by reaching a total re-supply score of 45 million and 5 million respectively. The event runs June 12 through June 17.
- Star Wars Battlefront – Anyone competing in a multiplayer match between June 12 and June 14 can earn triple score and credits.
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes – From June 12 through June 14, if you field a female team against droids, you’ll get 50,000 credits, 1 Rey shard, 1 Leia shard, and 25 Jedi Knight Guardian shards. Completing the quest again awards shards for Leia, Rey, Barrios Offee, and Ahsoka Tano.
- FIFA 16 – EA will be running an Ultimate Team Play to Give Cup. If you win the tournament, you’ll get a Rare Mega Pack. You can play the tournament again, with subsequent wins earning you premium coins.
- Madden NFL 16 – Complete a short objective list between June 12 and June 19 to win 2,040 coins and a Pro Pack.
EA’s $1 million donations during the event will be split among the following charities:
- He For She
- National Center for Women & Information Technology
EA Play will be running during E3 next week from June 12 through June 14.
the author Mike Futter